Monday, August 1, 2016

read | Women in Science

Women in Science by Rachel Ignotofsky is a great introduction to learning about, wait for it, women in science. The book is beautifully illustrated, with a two-page spread for each scientist. The pictures are studded with fun facts and key phrases about each woman. This book reminds me of Headstrong by Rachel Swaby, which I've also reviewed on this blog. This is the gateway book to Headstrong. I also think if you have to pick one, go with Women in Science. Headstrong had enough information about each scientist to leave you wanting more, but I prefer the more general information in Women Science, even if it isn't quite as thorough. Plus, it has pictures. This book is a gorgeous and digestible read, and it'd be great for anyone with a passing interest in science. Or no interest. Seriously, this book is so cool.

4 out of 5 stars

I received this book for review from Blogging for Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment