Saturday, February 8, 2014

shop | Maybelline Polka Dots Nail Polish


Blue Marks the Spot (2 coats)
Not the greatest without a base color
When I walked past this polish I couldn't resist picking one up. It looks so amazing in the bottle and I mistakenly expected the same effect on my nails. On application, the dots aren't as dense as they look in the bottle. I was a little disappointed at first, but I've since decided I'm okay with it since this means you can build the dots up as much as you want. The dots come out pretty unevenly, and if you swipe the brush on the lip of the bottle to get rid of excess polish, you'll lose most of the dots. I end up blobbing a drop in the middle of my nail and pushing the dots around with the brush until I'm happy with the results.




My real complaint is with the base color. It's tinted, yes, but it never really gets opaque. I understand that this keeps the dots from getting coated, but I'm going to be adding a different color underneath from now on.
 
As for removal, think of glitter polish and then cry a little more. It takes a while to get the dots all off, so you're going to get really familiar with the scent of acetone. On the bright side, sweeping remover over the polish takes off the tint of color and leaves you with black and white dots, which is a pretty cool look. I also like the whole French tip thing, mainly because it doesn't have to be perfect to look good. They're polka dots. There's no such thing as a straight line.


Blue Marks the Spot (1 coat)
with L'Oreal Now You Sea Me (2 coats)


Pros: Looks awesome. 

Cons: Removal is not awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment