Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hour 22 Challenge | Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

Is it bad that I had to pull up a list of what I've read this year to remember what I liked this year? I think not.

Best Book of Your Reading Year - The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud. I LOVE the Bartimaeus series, and I was looking forward to reading this book just because of the author. And it's completely different from everything I'd been reading lately (aka dystopian). And it's well-written, which shouldn't be out of the ordinary but it is. This book made me so happy on so many levels.

Best Main Character of Your Reading Year - Tarzan. Because he is legit. He teaches himself English without hearing English (which doesn't actually work, by the way) and basically civilizes himself and is also the toughest dude around.

Best Character You Love To Hate of Your Reading Year - The Gone Girl antagonist. You know who I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment