Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hour 24 | Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
1,025 pages later, it's that magical moment - wrap-up time!

The Aftermath
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
    Hour 3, when I realized I'd fallen back asleep after about 30 minutes. That plus knowing I had other stuff I had to do during the day was a disheartening start.
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
    I powered through Anatomy of a Misfit at the end, it's an easy read and I really enjoyed the narrator's voice. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist - pretty much the same type of story, and I liked it for the same reasons. And Ready Player One and Heir Apparent for some YA virtual reality - how's that for a genre?
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
    I loved it, brutal though it was. It would be cool if for photo-related challenges there were a gallery where you could see them all in one place instead of jumping from tumblr to Twitter, but now that I think about it that cuts down on exploring everyone's blogs so never mind I'm tired.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
    The mini-challenges are awesome. I love the excuses to take a break, and they're a great way to keep you engaged with the community, which is kind of the whole point of doing an event with other people. I did not know there were that many book-themed activities, and I was definitely impressed by them all.
  5. How many books did you read?
    Three, and I listened to a smidge of an audiobook.
  6. What were the names of the books you read?
    Horns, The Eternal Ones, and Anatomy of a Misfit, and I listened to The Cuckoo's Calling.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?
    I enjoyed reading Anatomy of a Misfit the most, but looking back I think Horns was the better book.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?
    The Cuckoo's Calling. I think I'll try it again in print form.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
    I wasn't a Cheerleader. :( Maybe next year?
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
    Very! My level of dedication depends on my schedule / morning after, but this is a really cool experience. I would definitely like to get more involved where I can - Cheerleading here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment